Writer Wednesday with Krystal Shannan – Do you ask the right questions?
An exploit lately led to a very interesting article on Plot. I thought I would share with all my author friends!
For each scene: 7 Essential Questions of Plot:
1. Does the scene establish the date and setting?
2. How does it develop the character’s emotional makeup?
3. Is the scene driven by a specific character goal?
4. What dramatic action is shown?
5. How much conflict, tension, suspense, or curiosity is shown?
6. Does the character show emotional changes and reactions within the scene?
7. Does the scene reveal thematic significance to the overall story?
Read the full article on Writers in the Storm!